Natural History Museum in Los Angeles
Natural History Museum in Los Angeles

The Evolution of Dr. Jane Goodall | Natural History Museum

Jane Goodall visits the Natural History Museum in Los Angeles

May 4, 2022

On April 5th at the Natural History Museum of Los Angeles, there was an exhibit featuring Jane Goodall and her achievements. Students in Mr. Black’s art class were able to learn about her life, work, and ground-breaking research. There were also many environmentalists at the exhibit to teach students about the environment and share their knowledge about a wide variety of plants and animals. In addition, Jane Goodall attended the exhibit, and she shared her life story and all of her experiences. She accomplished a lot throughout her lifetime, and she had a lot to say about all of these experiences and her achievements.

When asked about her experience at the exhibit, sophomore Abby Bernhard stated, “I thought it was amazing to see Jane Goodall in person since she is one of the most well-known conservationists in the world. It was interesting to hear her life story about the sixty years she spent in Africa and where she came from and how it made her who she is today.” 

“I thought it was inspiring how Jane Goodall has spent her whole life studying the environment and how she is still traveling the world to spread awareness.”

— Abby Bernhard

For those who are not aware of who she is, Jane Goodall is a British ethologist from London and she is known for her exceptionally detailed and long-term research on the chimpanzees in Tanzania. She spent 60 years in Africa studying chimpanzees, and is widely recognized for her discoveries about their behavior. She completely transformed our understanding of chimpanzees. Additionally, she founded the Jane Goodall Institute which brings awareness to the importance of the natural environment and helps to conserve it. There were many students that attended the exhibit that learned a lot from Jane Goodall.

When asked about how the exhibit influenced her, Bernhard said, “I thought it was inspiring how Jane Goodall has spent her whole life studying the environment and how she is still traveling the world to spread awareness. It was very interesting to hear about what she had to say.”

Jane Goodall is still dedicated to inspiring young people around the world, and founded the Jane Goodall Institute to encourage the understanding and protection of the great apes and their habitat. She also wants the Institute to carry on her legacy to inspire individual action by young people to help animals, each other, and to protect the environment that we all live in. Jane Goodall’s visit to the Natural History Museum of Los Angeles was meant to motivate young people to change the world, which is exactly what she did.