The Student News Site of San Dimas High School

Humans of SD – Audrey Tuba

January 31, 2023

“A personal struggle…there’s so many haha, but if I really had to choose one is not being so judgmental of myself. I had been severely bullied ever since preschool all the way through high school and I really judged myself. I hated the way I looked, acted, dressed, etc. I really wanted to fit in and be friends with everybody, but sometimes you can’t get everything you want. The process was a struggle I had my ups and downs I harmed myself, physically and mentally. I went to therapy and I’m still currently going and it has done wonders. I went to an outpatient psych ward for about a year during quarantine. I matured heavily and thought I was all grown up when I really wasn’t. I’ve actually matured even more now and I know there’s more I have to learn and change but I’m very happy where I’m at right now, thanks to my friends and family. I have changed my hair obviously and the way I dress and present myself but I’ve really learned to ignore people’s comments and my own self-criticism. I now do things I’m very passionate about like photography, art, working out, volleyball, and reading. I do a lot of writing and poetry in my free time. If you’re going through the same thing or something similar I promise to you, I swear to you it gets better talking about your struggles and being open is hard, I obviously know from experience. You’re amazing you’re beautiful and honestly how I’ve learned is by faking it till you make it. Do what makes you happy and don’t think about what anyone thinks. You got this. Loves! <3”

Saint Scroll • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in