Choir students in front of Disneyland
Choir students in front of Disneyland

Choir Disneyland Trip

Choir records in Disney Studios

March 31, 2023

San Dimas High School choir had the amazing opportunity to record at Disney Studios. On February 27 choir students took a field trip where they were allowed to enjoy an amazing day at Disneyland, and had the once in a lifetime experience to record two songs in the real Disney Studios. 

All of San Dimas’s choirs, Chamber, Bel Canto and Chorale were invited on this trip. Choirs’ adventure started at the start of school and when they arrived at the park the choir was greeted with their very own tour guide. Upon arriving they were allowed one hour of park time. After their park time their tour guide escorted them through Downtown Disney where the studio was located.

Choir worked with a voice actor named Vangie Gunn who has done work on various tv shows and movies. Gunn assisted choir in recording three songs, one of them being called a “Character Piece”, “The Muppet Show Theme” and the other “Circle of Life”. Choir member Lauren Miranda(10) describes her experience as, “really cool working in that environment because it felt professional and it was helpful to work on putting stories behind songs and work on character through music.” 

For choir students who are passionate about pursing a career in music and arts this trip allowed them insight on how recording in a professional setting is like. This trip also allows choir to attract more students throughout San Dimas High School who may be interested in joining choir. Miranda expresses that, “choir is a great way to meet new people and get great experiences in the music industry that you couldn’t get anywhere else.”

The once a year Disneyland trip allows all choir students to receive a once in a lifetime experience. While working with a professional who taught them valuable skills for their future in music, choir students got an experience that allowed them to explore what a professional setting in music may look like. All in all, the Disneyland trip was a memorable experience for all choir students who went.