The Student News Site of San Dimas High School

A Chance To Bounce Back

Saints loss against Bonita will not define them

December 11, 2018

On a Saturday evening in November, our San Dimas Saints Varsity Basketball team took on town rival the Bonita Bearcats. The crowd was loud and the battle between the Saints and Bearcats student section was even louder. While all of this was going on the team had to focus on getting their heads in the game. It was a big game for them and they needed to show out.

The team had the help of the crowd, the coaches, and each other to show the Bearcats that they were not going down without a fight. Although our boys were trailing behind Bonita at the end of each quarter, they did not back down. They continued to play with as much energy and hope in every move they made.

Although the Saints tried their best, the Bearcats won the game by 55-39, the Saints looked at it as an opportunity for growth.

The Saints looked at this game as a chance to reflect on the things they need to improve on. Junior Josh Martinez says “We weren’t running our offense too smoothly. We learned that we needed to work more on our rebounding and polishing our offensive sets.”

Although they didn’t take the victory, they definitely didn’t take it as a total defeat. Saints saw it as a chance to bounce back and benefit from the loss and the mistakes they made throughout the game.