The Student News Site of San Dimas High School

Saint Scroll

Saint Scroll

Saint Scroll

Saints Honor Cheer and Dance at Senior Night

Saying Goodbye to Senior Cheerleaders and Dancers
PC: PC: Krestina Ashenafi
Melody Wilson (Senior) celebrating Senior Night with family

On Friday, October 13 San Dimas High School students celebrated the class of 2024 by hosting Senior Night at the Varsity football game. Cheerleaders and dancers got special attention from a crowd of students and parents at the last home game of the season.

Senior Night was a special night to recognize the seniors. The theme of the football game that night was country and Northview won 26-12. Unfortunately, this was the last home game for the season.

Cheer captains; Aubrey Hays (Senior), Holly Martinez (Senior), Leah Padron (Senior) and Dance Captains; Melody Wilson (Senior), Sophia Prez (Senior), Sophia Witherby (Senior) shared their memories, offered advice to teammates, and discussed what their future holds. 

Some girls are sad to leave and see what’s after high school but Prez states, ¨a part of me is going to be left behind for sure but I hope to leave a legacy for this team and I will take all the advice, all the love these girls have given me into this new chapter of my life.¨ It is clear that these women have formed a sisterhood and all share a bond that will last forever.

Even though some of these girls just met team captains and have connections with all of their teammates, some even have advice for their new teammates. Some advice they would leave is, ¨honestly you just have to push through. It’s gonna be a lot but you’ll always get through it and you’ll figure it out one way or another. Everyone around you makes it easier. It’s just a lot of fun so enjoy it while it lasts,¨ Padron mentions. Later in the night, Witherby´s advice for her teammates was, ¨definitely just put their all into their dancing, give those facials, make sure the crowds engaged.¨ 

The event made some realize that their time at San Dimas High School is coming to an end Hay’s future endeavors include nursing. Hays comments, ¨the beyond for me might involve cheer, depending on where I’m going but at the moment it’s not my number one priority to look at… I definitely want to go into nursing.¨ 

It’s clear that the captains have made an impact on the lives of the underclassmen. Ava Reyes (Freshman) said “I will seriously miss our seniors so much. They will forever hold a special place in my heart.” Amber Lui (Freshman) mentions “Words won’t describe how much we will miss all these seniors, each one of these girls is special and will hold a special place in all our hearts.” 

It is sad to say that this might be the last time we see some of these girls in action but we can all cheer and dance with them while we can.