The Student News Site of San Dimas High School

Saint Scroll

Saint Scroll

Saint Scroll

A Saint Perspective: Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce

Is Taylor Swift finally with her Endgame?

A new, surprising love story has appeared in the entertainment world. It is none other than the worldwide loved singer, Taylor Swift and NFL superstar Travis Kelce. The unexpected duo is a shock to many but is surprisingly loved by the best of both worlds, Saint Swifties and Saint Chiefs fans. Could this duo bring peace between the two opposite worlds, or tear them down?

National Football League and Chiefs fan Chris Brand gives his opinion about Kelce and Swift. “I think their relationship is dumb, and it’s just blown out of proportion,” he states. Brand explains that he hates how people make it seem like Swift made Kelce more famous, although he already had a good name for him. Swift and Kelce have been a hot topic that most NFL fans don’t like. Even looking at the official NFL Instagram account’s comment section, fans don’t enjoy seeing Swift’s content. But Brand thinks that it is a good thing. “I feel like the NFL and Taylor have a strong connection. I think it boosts both of them, which is good,” Brand explains. But Brand is not ecstatic about this new dynamic duo and doesn’t think they suit each other. 

NFL and Swift fan Chris De Real loves the couple. Being a football fan and a Swiftie, De Real is excited to see his two worlds combine. “I think Taylor and Travis are good for each other. Travis is very outgoing, and I feel like their personalities are the same”, he explains. De Real already loved Kelce’s talent, as he thinks he is the best tight end in the NFL and is a good guy overall. De Real feels that Swift and Kelce match each other’s energy and is the perfect boyfriend for Swift. Although De Real does hate how the NFL advertises Swift so much, “it becomes too much I can’t watch a game without her being mentioned.” De Real thoroughly enjoys Swift’s music and thinks she is a beautiful role model for girls. He hopes to see their future go further but doesn’t think it will be a long-term relationship. “I don’t think the relationship will last that long. Taylor Swift tends to get into and out of relationships really fast,” he states. It’s safe to say this fan of both teams roots for this couple but doesn’t see it being for the long run.

But Swift lover Leslie Magallanes thinks the opposite view from Brand. She loves Kelce and Swift and hopes that, in the end, it is not a PR stunt. Magallanes hopes the new couple lasts and that he treats Swift well. “I think they are good for each other in a way that Taylor needs to date an athlete,” she states. With all the pictures coming out, she loves seeing all the conspiracies about Kelce’s jersey number and Swift’s favorite number, the connections, and all the details in articles. Magallanes explains, “All the conspiracy theories and connections make perfect sense. For example, this is her thirteenth boyfriend, and that’s her lucky number”. Another theory fans have is Kelce’s number 87 and Swifts birth year number 89. In a song titled Mary’s Song from her first album, Taylor Swift, the cute romance song about growing old together states, “I’ll be 87 and you’ll be 89”. Fans think this this proves their fate. Seeing also the advertising with Swift, Magallanes thinks it’s good for the NFL as she believes it will bring more girls’ attention, as it does with her. She already loves Swift’s music, her perspective on life, and how well Swift’s lyrics are relatable. Magallanes hopes that any future song about Kelce gives off Lover album vibes. She also believes their relationship will last long as Kelce’s parents are already talking so well about Swift and being at all his games, being his cheerleader. “I really hope she’s in for the long run because I want her to be happy and have her happily ever after with him. They are perfect,” Magallanes explains. Overall, this Saint is excited for Kelce and Swift’s future.