The Student News Site of San Dimas High School

Saint Scroll

Saint Scroll

Saint Scroll

Drake’s 8th Album Has Been Released, Where Do Saints Stand?

San Dimas Saints share their opinion on Drake’s new album

Drake released his new album, For All My Dogs, on Friday, October 6th. The album featured different artists, ranging from SZA to J.Cole. Many San Dimas Saints and staff have firm opinions about his new album and the artists he chose to feature. Drake gave fans false hope in June when he teased the return of old Drake, writing, “They say they miss the old Drake girl don’t tempt me”. This gave people the intention that he would feature older artists and return to his old style of music, some believe this was a false sense of hope.

When first hearing the album, many were disappointed, including Senior Noah Cao he says, ”Drake is extremely mid [sic] and only has some good songs,” he continues, “I believe Drake’s more recent music has not lived up to his hype, and this album is a perfect example of that as people focus on the few hits of the album rather than the album as a whole.”

Many people have talked online, saying this album was a letdown and perfectly represents the “new” Drake. When asked how this album affected his view of Drake, Cao responds, “I feel this album further solidified him being an average rapper/singer.”

This is how many feel. Drake lovers everywhere want the “old” Drake to return. When this album was leaked, it caught a lot more hype than some of his recent albums because of how Drake hinted at his old style of music returning. Drake gave many of his fans false hope, and to many, this album was an even bigger letdown because of it. 

Drake’s new album, For All My Dogs, has blown up on TikTok. Many people are clipping his music and using it as sounds in their videos. Many of the recent TikTok trends make fun of Drake’s music. And the comments are even worse, calling him “mid” and “trash” and saying his features carry his album. Joe Budden’s comments on the album say Drake needs to stop rapping for the kids, stop featuring these young rappers and artists, and start rapping for adults. Drake responds on Instagram, “You have failed at music.” Drake has been upset at all the backlash and negative feedback he received for his new album. 

Teacher Mr. Distelrath was asked about his opinions on Drake’s album, and he had a strong opinion, saying, “I feel he needed better features. When I heard For All My Dogs, I was excited and expected him to bring out Tyga and Snoop and was disappointed overall with the lack of effort and thought put into this album, definitely one of his worst.” Many people have disliked this album and are speaking about how he needed more features and different features.

Overall, Drake’s new album is considered one of his weaker albums. Despite the many hits in the album and the trends, he is such a successful artist that what is considered flawed for him is considered majestic to others. Many people feel disappointed that this album was not the old Drake like he promised with his old features. For All My Dogs has had its ups and downs, but overall, it is considered a mediocre album.