The Student News Site of San Dimas High School

Saint Scroll

Saint Scroll

Saint Scroll

Gratitude in the Classroom: Saints Express Thanks to Their Beloved Teachers

As the holiday season approaches, the halls of San Dimas High School are filled with warmth and gratitude. This year 2023, many Seniors come together to express their heartfelt appreciation for the teachers who have made a significant impact on their lives as their 4 years at San Dimas come to an end. Accompany the Saint Scroll and savor these heartwarming stories of students at San Dimas High School, and the remarkable teachers they are thankful for this season. Exploring the deep gratitude students feel for the teachers who have not only shown knowledge but also nurtured their growth and well-being. In a journey of appreciation, a spotlight is shown on these extraordinary educators who have touched the hearts and minds of many students. Those who have shown mentorship, dedication, and lasting influences. 

For many students, teachers are more than just instructors; they are mentors, confidants, and sources of inspiration. At San Dimas High, the bond between teachers and students often extends beyond the classroom, making this holiday season a perfect time to acknowledge the impact these educators have had. Students from diverse backgrounds sharing stories about the teachers who have made a significant difference in their lives. 

For Alex Price, Mr. Feola, his junior year history teacher, was his light that year. “I’m thankful for Mr. Feola because he always made his class fun and exciting. There was never a day in his class where we didn’t laugh whether it was from the lesson or from him”.

Vanessa Olguin, expressed her appreciation for Mr. Coulter, her sophomore year English teacher, “I’m thankful for Mr. Coulter as a teacher because of all the effort he puts forth to better our school. While I do not have the privilege of having him as a teacher anymore, I value the dedication he has inside and out of class hours to better understand us as students and to hear our frustrations. He actually takes the time to listen and offer useful suggestions where others simply apply the bare minimum, and is just a real down to earth, studious kind of guy”.

Zachary Paulson, spoke fondly of his Avid Teacher Mrs. Ruiz, “I’m pretty thankful for Mrs. Ruiz not only is she helpful and encouraging but she cares about people’s futures; she is also really cool and fun to talk to”. 

The gratitude extends beyond academics., The students at San Dimas High School remind us of the importance of acknowledging the dedicated educators who shape the minds and hearts of the next generation. Their stories serve as a heartwarming reminder that a teacher’s influence can extend far beyond academics, nurturing students to become well-rounded, empathetic individuals.