The Student News Site of San Dimas High School

Saint Scroll

Saint Scroll

Saint Scroll

Top 3 Holiday Events in San Dimas

Here are some of the top activities we celebrate in San Dimas
Christmas in Color Drive-through in San dimas via Cleverly Catheryn

Every year the home of the Saints, San Dimas, hosts Christmas festivities that many Saints love attending.  As winter approaches and the air gets cold, many Saints wonder what they shall do for this year’s Christmas festivities. Somewhere close, inexpensive, and family-friendly would be ideal. The Saint Scroll is here to help find those local activities. 

One of San Dimas’s major holiday events is this year’s 13th annual Holiday Parade held in Downtown San Dimas. This parade consists of games, jumpers, snow sliding, food, drinks, and more. During the parade, people can see performances from the San Dimas dance team, band, drama, choir, and even the SD fire and police departments will be participating in this parade.

Senior Cailin Davis talks about her experience during these performances:  “It is definitely a lot of fun to be a part of the town parade, and to be able to show the community our school spirit”. Before the parade takes place, those who would like to attend can participate in arts and crafts with Mrs. Clause at the Walker House starting at 3 pm. The most memorable part of the night is the tree lighting ceremony when the town lights captivate the community, which then enchants the rest of the town to light up. The Holiday Parade takes place on Dec. 2 from 3-9 pm, so make sure to stop by and enjoy some of these festivities, Saints. 

If the town parade is already on the list of activities Saints are attending this holiday season, check out the Christmas in Color Drive-through animated light show. This drive-through displays millions of lights that perfectly synchronize with holiday music you’ll hear right through a car radio. Drive by giant candy canes, snowmen, arched pathways, and more. Shows start Nov. 24 and continue through Jan. 1 at Raging Waters. If saints are looking for a smaller, more reasonable show, the famous Christmas lights at the local Chick-fil-A began the week before Thanksgiving, and they will remain lit until a week after the new year. Senior Nick Plemons states “Yeah it was fun, it’s like going through a rave with a chicken sandwich in hand.” Take a trip down to Christmas In Color for a captivating, memorable experience, or even the Chick-fil-A drive-through for a quick dinner and show. 

Lastly, on E Gladstone St. there is a home that holds a traditional drive-by light show, with music that syncs with one’s radio and by chance, a meet and greet with Santa Claus. This is a quick activity that takes little time and no money expensed. The owners of this home generally have their light display set up this first week of December. So drive by this Christmas with your family and friends and just look for a great deal of lights. The Saint Scroll hopes this holiday extravaganzas list helped, and are an enjoyable experience for the Saints this Christmas.