The Student News Site of San Dimas High School

Saint Scroll

Saint Scroll

Saint Scroll

Saints’ Opinion Of New Album Larger Than Life

How Saints feel about Brent Faiyaz’s new album Larger Than Life

On October 28th, 2023, Artist Brent Faiyaz released his new album, Larger Than Life. This album was one of the most anticipated R&B releases of the year; many anxiously awaited for this album to come out. The album includes 14 songs, with 8 of them having features such as A$AP Rocky, A$AP ANT, and more. Brent Faiyaz’s creative and diverse beats earned him positive reviews on his fourth album overall. Many believe this to be a good but not great album as it has many good songs and hits but not compared to some of his other albums.

Larger Than Life received a great deal of hype. However, despite the hype, senior Donovan Morrison believes, “The album met my expectations but did not exceed them overall. I was satisfied with the release of the album.” He continues when asked how this album compares to others released this year and said, “ I think overall this is a top 10 album of the year, but compared to others, there were so many amazing albums released this year that it does not squeeze into the top 5 for me.” The features in this album were more up-and-coming artists such as Baby Face Ray and A$AP ANT, and as that is good, Faiyaz is giving them a shot; many fans would’ve liked to see more popular artists such as the A$AP Rocky feature. This album is said to be a favorable album, but many feel as if it wasn’t amazing and would not call it one of Faiyaz’s best.

Many believe this album to be one of Faiyaz’s weaker albums, including Senior Anna Lingao, who said, “I think this album is really good, but I don’t think it’s as good as some of his other albums. I believe it is one of his weaker albums than his others, but overall, it is a very good album.” Fans consider this album great, with good songs and many hits, but it’s on the lower end compared to his other albums. People talk about hits such as Outside All Night and Tim’s Intro, using them on their Instagram stories and TikTok sounds.

Brent Faiyaz is highly regarded, but his new album, Larger Than Life, is considered one of his weaker albums. Despite that input, many still believe this album to be strong, with multiple hits. Despite the use of A$AP, Rocky of more popular artists could have helped this album to become one of his best. Although many fans feel this is one of his weaker albums, many still believe this to be a great album. They are satisfied with the release of Larger Than Life as it just adds to Brent Faiyaz’s spectacular collection of music.