The Student News Site of San Dimas High School

Saint Scroll

Saint Scroll

Saint Scroll

2023’s Most Memorable Moments

Saints look back on the best moments from this school year.
Homecoming+king+announcement+on+Stage+during+break.+
PC: Ethan Fama
Homecoming king announcement on Stage during break.

As this 2023 school year is nearing an end, The Saints Scroll is here to unfold the cascade of memorable moments that defined the year. From Homecoming and Neon Foam dances to Sumdgepot and the Citrus Bowl, along with numerous other achievements saints have accomplished this year. 

Saints have different takes on what the best moment this year was, for instance going to the Home football games dressed in theme, or being in the stands cheering on Saints during the San Dimas vs. Bonita rivalry football game. “My favorite moment from this year was probably the white lies football game, with my white lie being that I had a driver’s license, while I was driving” senior Mathew Bernal also explains why this game, in particular, has a more emotional connection, “I also saw my little brother [sophomore, David Bernal] play on Varsity for the first time, and I felt so proud of him, cause I know he’s been working hard”. For many of us Saints, this year’s football season was the one thing that made our school year memorable. 

2023 has passed in the blink of an eye, so quickly that some saints find it difficult to pick one memory they think stood out. Although cheering in the stands during football games was number one for some, it was the Gleam and Glow Homecoming for others. This night stood out to one student, senior Brennen Valdivia, who stated “I think my favorite moment from this year was going to homecoming, because I got to be with all my friends, and I got to dance a lot which was fun,” Brennen also states that this stood out more to him “since it was my last one”. As seniors are nearing the end of their high school years, they are taking in all the moments from this year and appreciating them more, according to senior William Salgado, this year’s Homecoming Kings, who talks about what an experience it was to be voted, “I was so grateful to everyone who voted for me, it made me feel so proud to know that so many people would want me to be their Hoco king”. For the Saints, they will look back and remember such an eventful night, with lots of laughs, love, and happiness all around. 

As this chapter in The Saint’s life is coming to an end, Saints are looking back and reminiscing on all the highs and lows of this school year. From The first day of school on August 21 to Senior Sunrise, The first football game, the Neon Foam party, Homecoming, and many more to come. “ My favorite part from this year was making new friends, memories, and new goals, literally” senior Kali Brace went on to mention how not just one even stood out to her this year but all of them, “I cant just pick one because they all had a part in making my last year at San Dimas memorable”. San Dimas High School, most memorable moment was watching all, the saints thrive, and make memories this 2023 school year. Even The Saints Scroll has a most memorable moment, and that is being the Saint’s top news source, Happy New Year Saints, Xoxo- The Saints Scroll.