The Student News Site of San Dimas High School

Saint Scroll

Saint Scroll

Saint Scroll

2nd Annual SGV Bowl Game

4 San Dimas Saints Participate in the SGV Bowl Game

On Saturday January 13th the 2nd annual SGV Bowl took place at Covina district field.The Bowl game combines all of the SGV High Schools into 2 teams.The Eastside consisted of San Dimas,Bonita,Charter Oak, Damien, Northview, Diamond Ranch,Los Altos,West Covina,Diamond Bar, Walnut,Glendora,Covina, and Azusa High School. The Westside consisted of Glendale,Rosemead,Baldwin Park,Rio Hondo Prep,South Pasadena,Montebello,Keppel,La Salle,Sacred Hearts,San Gabriel,Temple City,Bosco Tech,Arroyo,St. Francis,Muir,Monrovia and Arcadia High School. The Eastside would slaughter the Westside, shutting them out 34-0.

Robert Alvarez #3 FS/TE

The game started off with a 70 yard passing touchdown from the Eastside and after a successful 2 point conversion the East would see themselves up 8-0.  The Eastside Defense would stop the Westside Offense on a 4th and short giving the East great field position. The East would capitalize off of this stop and score another passing touchdown putting them up 14-0. The East would shut out the West and score again early in the 2nd quarter putting them up 22-0. After a player got injured on the field the 2 nd quarter was cut short and the game went into halftime where rapper 310babii would have a live performance on the field. Fans stormed the field and a crowd formed around the rapper. After an amazing performance the game would start back up again. The West received the ball first and tried to get some momentum going but would be shut out the rest of the game. The East would score 2 more times leaving the ending score 34-0.

Donovan Morrison #66 DL/FB

4 seniors from San Dimas participated in the game, Senior LB Roque Dominguez who racked up 7 tackles and 1 TFL. Senior FS/TE Robert Alvarez putting up 4 tackles and 2 pass deflections. Senior RB/DB Brian Jackson had 5 tackles and a pass deflection. Senior DE/FB Donovan Morrison had 5 tackles and 1 TFL. The seniors were all asked about their experience during the bowl game Jackson responded “It was a great experience, the coaches and team was cool, it was a great way to end my Senior year”. Alvarez said “It was fun playing one last game with my boys”. 

Brian Jackson #1 DB/RB