The Student News Site of San Dimas High School

Saint Scroll

Saint Scroll

Saint Scroll

Ins and Outs of the New Semester

What are Saints bringing into the new semester, and what are we leaving being?

The second semester has officially begun, and many students are reflecting on their past semester to make future improvements. What went right last time, and what could’ve been better? Students ponder their last semester in order to do even better this time around. What changes need to be made? And, in other words, what is “in” and what is “out” for this semester?

The first “in” for this semester is staying organized. Organization is vital to being successful in school. Students who have no system for organization often find themselves losing important papers or assignments. Additionally, a lack of organization can harm a student’s grade because it can lead to forgetfulness and procrastination. Organization is in this semester because it helps students do better in school and feel less stressed!

One thing that is out this semester is not doing homework. Homework is typically a sizeable percentage of a student’s grade, and missing assignments can really bring down your grade. Missing homework assignments are out this semester.

An “in” for this semester is a good sleeping schedule. Junior Halaina Ramirez believes this is a great way to improve yourself in the new semester. “I always wake up feeling way more motivated and refreshed,” Ramirez says. “Not only that, but it gives me plenty of time to do what I need to do without being in a rush. When people ask me what time I go to sleep and wake up, they are surprised, but honestly, I think that everyone should have the same schedule.” Getting enough sleep every night is in because it relieves stress and helps students feel better throughout the day!

Lastly, another “out” for the second semester of the 2023-2024 school year is having bad attendance. Of course, sometimes a student has to miss school. However, trying your best to come to school and be on time for your classes is a great way to become a better student. Good attendance looks good on a student’s record, and it helps a student do well because missing class time can really set one back. For those reasons, bad attendance is out this semester.

With all these ins and outs in mind, students will surely be able to improve themselves this semester. All of these are very important to the success of a student, but most of all, the biggest in for this semester is always taking care of yourself!