The Student News Site of San Dimas High School

Saint Scroll

Saint Scroll

Saint Scroll

“Anyone But You” Movie

Is anyone but you the new movie of the decade?
    Anyone but you movie cover

“Anyone But You” A romcom featuring Sydney Sweeney and Glen Powell. Sweeney and Powell characters known as Bea and Ben go on a date and click instantly but miscommunication ruins it and they fall to enemies. Later on they run into each other when Bea’s sister and Ben’s best friend fall in love. Fast forward to the wedding of the sister and bestfriend the typical enemies to lovers story between them unfolds. 

The movie came out in December 2023 and instantly blew up because it was similar to the early 2000s rom coms. The movie has also been blowing up all over the internet because teen girls have been making TikToks since the movie came out quoting “Anyone But You is the new romcom of the decade” along with many more social media coverage. Just like in the romcom movie “How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days” the song “You’re So Vain” blew up on social media along with the song “Unwritten” which plays throughout “Anyone But You”.

Sophomore Leila Munoz shares her thoughts about the movie, ”I really liked Anyone But You. It was a super good movie. I actually watched it twice and liked it even more than I already did the first time. I also really liked the serenity song “Unwritten”. It made the movie way more fun. Although I do feel like it was super modernized so it wasn’t as romantic vs the other romcoms in the past so I’m not completely sure if it is the new romcom of the decade but it’s definitely up there.”

Freshman Kenzie Row also says, “I definitely do think that it was the new romcom of the decade especially after all the rage on Tiktok about how good it is, it was kind of hard to not think that is wasn’t the movie of the decade. I have recommended this movie to many of my friends and it doesn’t disappoint. My favorite part of the movie was when Ben jumped into the ocean to save Bea. It really just reminded me of good old romance.”

Saints scroll posted a poll on Instagram about whether the saints believed “Anyone but you” was or was not the new movie of the decade. The results were 27 yes and 32 no. Definitely a shock based off of all the other social media posts that say otherwise.