The Student News Site of San Dimas High School

Saint Scroll

Saint Scroll

Saint Scroll

The Last Dance (Saints Edition)

San Dimas plays their Senior Night against Northview
PC: Jordan Garcia
San Dimas Senior

On January 29th our senior basketball girls will play their last home game against The Northview Vikings. The girls won their game 56-30. Priscilla Romero and Janessa Rodriguez both led the way with 12 points, Janessa was also the leading rebounder as she finished with a double-double 12 points 1 assist 12 rebounds. Jaelyn Ramos led the team in assists with 4. San Dimas started all the seniors (Janessa Rodriguez, Jazlynn Rodriguez, Olivia Romero, Claudia Hirezi, Madison Haas) that night and they all made an impact as combined for 29 points 5 assist 27 rebounds. 

This is the last guaranteed home game for our senior saints. Senior Olivia Romero finished her senior night with 8 points 1 assist and 4 rebounds. She has been playing since she was 6 years old and put her input on this game.

“I’m honestly astonished about how fast my high school career flew by.”

— Olivia Romero

“I feel like I’m gonna be all over the place emotionally that night.” Emotions did not get in the way of the saints starting off fast they ended the first quarter with a 20-6 lead. Olivia loved the process she remembers when she couldn’t make a layup and would be upset and she now looks back on how much she grew. The saints also grew their lead to 34-15 at halftime. “Senior Night to me is a day of appreciation and showing your gratitude to the seniors” Junior Priscilla Romero said. Priscilla showed her appreciation for her seniors as she finished with 12 points 3 assist and 2 rebounds which helped the team win with a score of 56-30. This win pushed them to 9-0 in league and 18-8 overall. 

Senior Olivia Romero

The girls were emotional before and after the game. Senior Olivia said “I’m definitely going to miss the team and the environment at SD as a whole. These people are my family and I cherish them very deeply.” Romero also said “Don’t take this time you have in high school for granted. It’s gonna fly by fast. Make the most of every moment you got!” Junior Priscilla Romero said “I’m going to miss their energy and the feeling of them being there, like a presence that you only get with them. They are like my older sisters and I’m going to miss that with them.”