The Student News Site of San Dimas High School

Saint Scroll

Saint Scroll

Saint Scroll

Humans of SD: Adrian Villapando

Adrian Villapando Senior
Adrian Villapando Senior

“I’m excited. High school has been a lot of things and fun has not been one. Same people with the same problems for the past 4 years, along with teachers and grades. School has just never been for me. And I have enjoyed some moments with friends and football but high school doesn’t last forever and in 10 years no one will know or care that I was on the San Dimas football team. It’s time to move on and start my life for real now. And I couldn’t have picked a better path and choice than of course the Marine Corps. The Marines has always been the goal since I was 9 years old and right from the beginning I knew my MOS was going to be infantry to go and fight overseas and lay down my life when the time comes to serve and protect our great nation. And from the moment im loaded onto the bus to MCR San Diego/Camp Pendleton, step on those yellow footprints where so many generations of marines have stood before me and knowing that they’re legacy and sacrifice lives through me. And the excitement from the challenges to come in boot camp and putting my grit and strength to the test physically, mentally, and spiritually. Never giving up and knowing after those 3 days of exhaustion and pain that’ll be put upon me towards the end of the camp and receiving the black EGA(Marine Corps emblem pin) knowing I did it, I’ve done what 99.9% of people were to scared to do or just didn’t, and to take pride upon myself and stand tall when my DR (Drill Instructor) places it in my hand. And come graduation day when I’m dressed up in my blues marching to that stage and finally standing on it and going through ceremony and receiving the official title of a United States Marine, becoming more than just myself, carrying on generations of marines before me and to come. And taking in the moment myself knowing that I’ve pushed myself through hell to earn that title that no one can ever take away from me. And making all my loved ones proud, and returning home showing everyone what I’ve done while they’ve been in the same spot they were in when I left. Establishing a lifelong career in the Corps. And that’s just about one of the most honorable things you can do in this life. My hope is by this July I will be sent into bootcamp as a recruit and come out a United States Marine in October.”