The Student News Site of San Dimas High School

Saint Scroll

Saint Scroll

Saint Scroll

The Start Of Saints Track And Field

Another start to another amazing track season for the San Simas Saints.

The start to another exciting track season is underway, and in the week approaching the big meet, coaches rush to get their athletes ready for their big first meet against Bonita. Head coaches Coach Carson and Jackson have to work around other sports schedules as it is the end of winter sports, so some athletes have only had one or two weeks of practice so far, complicating things. Coaches in track have to get those athletes Prepared and ready for the meet day with minimal training. 

Throwing coach Katrina Sandifer has worked to get her throwers ready for the big meet. She feels strongly as she said, “I feel our throwing team is full of talent and, more importantly, returners that have worked hard and are ready to compete and grow throughout the season.” Every season, we have athletes who do come late, but as the season goes on, they get the hang of it, and by all of the league games, they are prepared to make a push at CIF. Coach Kat feels strongly that she will have a handful of athletes go to CIF this year.

Senior athlete Jacob Gonzalez feels that Coach Mundo has trained them a lot as the distance coach, and they are prepared. “We practice throughout the week and even have Saturday practices. He does a good job of helping us maintain the health of our bodies. We will continue to do well, and hopefully, some of us will go to CIF and have a great track season overall,” The distance runners work very hard, running a lot every day in preparation for our meets in hopes of getting a personal best. Despite the time complications, they still manage to prepare the student-athletes in time and put them in a position to grow as the season progresses.

Despite the early season hardships and complications with time and with other sports, all of the coaches do a fantastic job at getting these athletes ready for the season and league games. Between the many different events, forms, paces, and everything that goes into track and field, there are a lot of athletes and a lot to do and take care of as the coaches. Still, San Dimas does a great job, and we are looking for another exciting track and field season once again.