The Student News Site of San Dimas High School

Saint Scroll

Saint Scroll

Saint Scroll

San Dimas Culinary Arts Team

The San Dimas High School Culinary Arts Team began preparing for their season in November of 2023, but faced a setback as their time to practice and cook was delayed till December due to the renovation of the culinary room. Even with this major setback, members of the culinary team were able to create friendships, learn significant skills, and create many unforgettable memories. 

Many members of the Culinary Arts Team all dislike the late practices, especially since it was unknown what time it would end. Senior Citlali Salazar says, “Practices could end at 6 or it could be 11, and it made it stressful at times.” There were also struggles with commitment when it came to staying at such late practices, but it is what made them grow stronger. “It made the team dynamic stressful, but late practices only made us grow stronger,” says Senior Citlali Salazar.

Though there were things they disliked about culinary it shouldn’t stop any Saints from joining the team or class. “I highly suggest joining the class. You can learn so much as well as life skills you will need when you’re on your own,” says Junior Kaila Khoury. Senior Sadie Baca, also agrees that other Saints should join Culinary whether it is the team or class, “I recommend other people join the team because all the hard work was rewarding, and the class was really fun.”

Even with the many disadvantages and negative aspects of Culinary, they were able to create strong and genuine friendships. There was bonding while doing tasks together, and many Saints apart of this team were able to create friendships beyond a teammate level but a genuine level.  “My favorite part of being on this team is the experience, the people I got to meet – some turning into my present-day best friends, and overall the memories,” says Senior Captain Kiana Conway. 

Joining the San Dimas Culinary Team has been one of the best decisions for many members of the team, as there are more positive aspects of culinary than there is negative. Overall, the San Dimas Culinary Arts Team have had a difficult year due to the renovation of the culinary room, but were still able to create long-lasting friendships and memories.