The Importance Behind the SDCP

How to get the SDCP done quick and easy

February 8, 2019

As part of the senior year experience at SDHS, there is a checklist that the seniors should be keeping up with for the San Dimas Connection Project.

Every first Tuesday of each month, seniors are expected to meet with their selected adviser to help assist them in doing their project. Although, it is the job of the student to be ahead of the game and have all of the required documents in their Google Drive.

Head adviser of the SDCP Mr. Murray, spoke on how important it is for every student to start on it sooner than later to make their job a lot easier. “I wouldn’t say it’s a difficult thing. I would say that it can be difficult if you’re not organized. The way we have it designed now, having it all online, so you have access to everything. So if you’re organized enough and plan ahead it should be a breeze”.

Murray did have a piece of advice to those who might be a little behind and overwhelmed for their senior project, “We’re almost in February, you should probably be thinking about going back and checking to see if you have all of your best work. I wouldn’t say it’s an easy project and I wouldn’t say it’s a difficult one either. I would say it’s a task that needs to be taken care of because it is an important aspect of your last mark on this campus”. Even though the last days of senior year seem so far, time does go by fast Saints, and it’s better to start now than wait till the very end.

A helpful tip for those who are close to finishing their 60 community service hours but need a little bit more – up to 30 hours of work hours can be used to complete your community service.

The project is concluded with a presentation that demonstrates who you are and what your high school experience consisted of. Murray expresses that it gives students a perspective for whatever they’re thinking of pursuing after high school and this project can help students focus on what they like, and don’t like, for their future pathway. He further explains, “What’s great about this project is it gives you that perspective. If you’re doing the hours it shows that you can focus on something you’re passionate about. Some students can go through the hoops, get their job, credits, and then graduate but this project can help a student focus, a possibility of a future pathway, or career opportunity”.

The senior project is your time to shine Saints! Seniors, end your last year of high school with your best foot forward. “This is you putting yourself out there for people to see”. Continue to push through and let’s graduate class of 2019!