The Forgotten Holiday

Is Christmas Coming Too Early?

November 22, 2019

As November arrived, students are getting prepared for Christmas almost with a disregard for the Thanksgiving holiday as a whole. As soon as November begins, department stores are already putting up decorations and blasting Christmas radio stations over the speakers as shoppers walk through the isles. Not only are department stores getting ready, but so are students with their “Days Until Christmas” countdowns on teachers whiteboards and some already listening to Christmas playlists. With all of this Christmas spirit, it begs the question, “Where is the time to celebrate Thanksgiving?”

It’s never too early to have Chrismas, come on now

— Jaden De Castro

To get some insight into the holiday predicament, students were asked if they think Christmas is coming too early. Junior Jaden De Castro said, “I’m very thankful and can’t wait to see all my friends at Friendsgiving and also my family at Thanksgiving and eat my grandmas’ delicious turkey.” However, he was of the opinion that, “Christmas is like 10 times better because its Christmas so its jolly and we get Christmas gifts.” When asked if he thought Christmas was coming too early he said, “It’s never too early to have Christmas, come on now.” 

While some students feel like Christmas can’t come early enough, others feel as if the Christmas spirit is a bit too much especially for the month of  November. Junior Kirsten Farner said, “I like the idea of spending time with your family. I look forward more to Thanksgiving because that’s when my whole family gets together and Christmas is just more like an immediate family thing.” When asked if she thought Christmas was coming too early she stated, “Yes, I don’t like Christmas music and they keep playing it right after Halloween ends. Departments and stuff should start decorating probably around when December starts.”

Saint Scroll • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in