Travis Fuller Hits the High Note

Travis Fuller, San Dimas High School Choir President, on his choir journey.

September 27, 2018

Travis Fuller is a senior at San Dimas High School and this is his fourth year in choir. This year Fuller is the president of the choir program at SDHS. This is a huge accomplishment for Fuller and a milestone in his musical career.

“I’ve been in choir since the fourth grade. Initially, I wanted to join Band, but my saxophone was too heavy for me to carry across campus” said Fuller, “I decided to give choir a shot since the room was closer, and I wouldn’t have to carry any heavy equipment around.”

Fuller soon fell in love with his newfound hobby and decided he wanted to continue singing. Being in choir taught Fuller many lessons such as the fact that you should never judge a book by its cover. “Choir taught me that just because a person seems weird doesn’t mean they are. I’ve talked to people from choir that I would have never  thought of talking to outside of it.”

When asked if the title of president brings a new sense of responsibility, Fuller stated that because he was previously in ASB, he already knows what it takes to be a leader. Fuller usually doesn’t do much outside of choir, but this year he joined yearbook as well. “I joined yearbook this year as well, hopefully, it isn’t too much on my plate,” explained Fuller.

When questioned about life after high school he explained how he will definitely continue singing. “If I go to college I’ll join the school chorale and continue there. If I don’t, then I will join a community choir group. I will always continue to sing.”