Kyra Willet, President of Best Buddies club

Clubs at San Dimas High School

An overview of SDHS clubs on campus

October 28, 2021

There are 33 clubs at San Dimas High School that allow students to be involved with their fellow classmates. This year, there are many clubs including the Mental Health Club, the Faith and Purpose Club, and the Best Buddies Club. These clubs allow students to engage in a group and meet new people. Some students are not aware that they can be a part of something and make friends with people that share the same interests as they do. With a large number of clubs, it is easy for students to find one that they show interest in.
The Mental Health Club is a very well-liked club on the San Dimas campus. Catherine Mikhail, the president of the Mental Health Club states, “ I started the club my sophomore year (last year) because mental health needed to be recognized and acknowledged more, especially with everything that was going on at the time.”

The Mental Health Club ensures a safe environment for everyone to be able to speak up about their mental well-being, provides mental health resources, and advocates support for students. This club is aimed to help students and remind them that they are never alone. All students are welcomed into this club where they work together to find strategies that can be beneficial to their struggles.

A new club that was created this year is the Faith and Purpose Club. The purpose of this club is to spread Christianity throughout the school in a positive way and it is a place where people can share their thoughts and beliefs. Karen Bourklian, Vice President of the club explains “ people can share their testimonies and how they found their path to Christianity if they are comfortable with it.” This new club is a perfect way to share personal thoughts about religion.

The Best Buddies Club is also an amazing club that allows students to connect and develop friendships with our special education students. Kyra Willet, a member of this club, states “The club focused on inclusivity and growing friendships with our Buddies on campus. We spend every Wednesday doing arts and crafts, watching movies, playing games, and most importantly connecting with our Buddies.” This club is fun and exciting as the club meets every Wednesday to participate in fun activities while building new bonds with others.
Don’t wait to find out more about all of these interesting clubs here at San Dimas High School. From Mental Health Club to Faith and Purpose Club, San Dimas has it all. Ask presidents of the clubs around campus if you have any questions or want more information!