medium.com
medium.com

Thinking About Future Class Schedules

March 3, 2022

Everyone thinks about their future. High school students have to think about the next step in their lives, and that’s college. Choosing both classes and colleges is stressful for the students. Although the question is, must a student choose a career path before choosing a college?

Sophomores are two years behind seniors, but they still feel stressed when choosing classes for the years to come. With being two years behind, they have more time to choose what their career will be until they are seniors.

“Choosing classes is one of the hardest things to do,” sophomore Beatrice, “because you have to think about which classes to drop or what you’ll take the following year.”

Students like Beatrice can relate to the stressful feeling of preparing for their future beforehand. They feel pressured under the expectation of already knowing what their career is and having to choose a college.

Juniors, unlike sophomores, have one more to prepare their schedules for their senior year. Juniors must have their careers planned out before even entering senior year because college is one of their priorities.

“For the longest time, I didn’t know what I wanted to do. It was only a few months ago that I decided on what my career would be.” – Junior Emma Smith

— Emma Smith

“For the longest time, I didn’t know what I wanted to do,” junior Emma Smith, “it was only a few months ago that I decided on what my career would be.”

Not everyone knows what their career will be, but that’s why there’s so much time in the world to figure it out before senior year. Choosing your job is no easy feat. therefore senior year is one of the hardest years of a high schooler.

“It’s stressful just figuring out which colleges to apply to,” senior Ryan Kennedy, “all the end of the year senior things I have to do to graduate is weighing me down.”

Every high schooler can agree that they feel stressed as they move up a year until senior year. Most say that senior year was their easiest year, but that still doesn’t take away the underlying stress of putting together community hours and other essential projects seniors must do to graduate.