Girls Tennis Senior Night

Girl’s Tennis Senior Night

Saints defeat league rival during senior night

On October 17th the San Dimas girls tennis team had their senior night at the San Dimas High School tennis courts against their league rival Northview High School. The girls were looking forward to a competitive game and being recognized for all their accomplishments while being on the tennis team. 

With the team being 3-2 in their season the girl’s tennis team was really confident going into their senior night. Senior Sophia Ruiz and Junior Sudheshna were playing really well, winning their first game only losing the 3rd and 7th set, but they stayed confident. All of the singles and doubles teams came out of the gate hot and won every game except one team. Then the second round came around and that’s when the singles started to struggle a little, ending up in a couple of tiebreakers but pulled through and won their games. ”It was a little bit more of a competition than we thought, ” said Senior Sophia Ruiz. 

Picture taken by Ethan Fama

The Saints were looking forward to this game not only because it was the senior night, but also because it was against one of their biggest competitors, Northview High School. The seniors were also very appreciative of all of the parents and supporters who helped to make their senior night as

Picture taken by Ethan Fama

as special as possible. Ruiz later went on to say that the parents made the seniors “feel appreciated”.

When asked what the seniors have done on and off the court for Junior Audrina Gayton this season, she had a lot of good things to say about them. She said that all of the seniors gave her a lot of advice and helped her all throughout high school. Gayton also mentioned that she is looking forward to her senior night next year because of what she was a part of this year and seeing how appreciated all of the seniors were during their senior night.

The Lady Saints had a very successful senior night and the seniors and the rest of the team will be working hard the rest of the year to make sure they finish off the season strong and make the best of their senior year.