The Student News Site of San Dimas High School

Saint Scroll

Saint Scroll

Saint Scroll

Winter Fashion

What’s trending this winter?
Winter Fashion

The seasons are changing, the days are shorter, everything is more festive, and that includes the fashion! Many may have a difficult time getting used to the cold but it also means more of an excuse to bake things, decorate everything with a cozy aura to it, and to finally be able to add layers to every day outfits. 

A pair of shoes that’s impossible to miss especially during this winter are all the Uggs and the Birkenstock clogs. Uggs have already been a winter staple since the early 2000s but they kind of lost their popularity until slowly emerging again, and now they’ve once become a staple item.

Junior Dali Llovido says “I love earmuffs, and legwarmers, Doc Martens, tights, turtlenecks, lots of jewelry as layering, and any boots and platforms in general.”

Just like how Clara from The Nutcracker wouldn’t be Clara without the bow in her hair, or how Christmas presents appear much more special with a festive bow, bows make winter outfits so much more enchanting. A simple ribbon in your hair or even embedded within knit socks, jewelry, or tops has become especially prominent this winter.

There was a time when knit sweaters weren’t seen as something fashionable to wear, yet now almost everything is knit, especially the various comfy but adorable sweaters everyone is wearing now.

Warmer seasons are the time a lot of people would expect to see skirts worn but they also have so much winter energy when paired with cute legwarmers, tights, fur coats, or glimmery earrings that resemble snowflakes.

The perfect accessories this winter include hair ribbons, socks, knit anything, and anything that sparkles the same way snow or rain sparkles on flowers. These include cardigans and even track pants. It’s a way to be fashionable and cute while still feeling like all you’re wearing is a blanket.  Winter is a lovely season to have fun with fashion.

Senior Ayiana Grana