The Student News Site of San Dimas High School

Saint Scroll

Saint Scroll

Saint Scroll

Health Care Careers Fair

How did the Health Care Careers Fair benefit students?

On December 5, 2023, BUSD held the Health Care Careers fair, which took place in the Lone Hill Gym, in order to help students discover career opportunities and educational pathways in healthcare. This event was helpful for Saints who hope to pursue a career in the healthcare field because the health programs that were there provided information and ideas that may be significant to their future. There were many different programs with a variety of careers in healthcare that many Saints were interested in. 

The primary focus of this event is to introduce various careers and potential career paths for high school students. This school year, counselors from San Dimas and Bonita have been providing students with fairs that help with their future careers, like the Health Care Careers fair. “I want to pursue a career in healthcare, so it’s nice that there are all these opportunities where I can learn about a variety of careers,” Junior Jacquelyn Lin says. 

One of the many programs that were there, like the Western University College of Podiatric Medicine (WUCPM) were able to connect with the youth, and describe what they do. Being able to talk to professionals and people with experience, hearing about what they do, and getting insight adds interest to the profession or career. Junior Delilah Acevedo says “It is interesting learning about all these different careers, and getting insight on what they do. Learning about all these different careers helps me keep my options open for what I might want to do after high school.” 

These opportunities have been important to individuals who have attended recent events like the Health Care Careers Fair, as they are flooded with new ideas that they may not have known about and have since, or can become interested in. “I wish I could’ve attended the Health Care Careers Fair and the events the school has been hosting recently. I think these recent events like the Health Care Fair are interesting,” says Senior Noa Berry. 

Overall, the many fairs that the counselors and that the school are hosting for students in the Bonita District, like the Health Care Careers Fair, have been beneficial. It has provided Saints with ideas and different opportunities that are helpful with making decisions in their futures. The 2023 Health Care Careers Fair was a success as it has had a significant impact on Saints.