The Student News Site of San Dimas High School

Saint Scroll

Saint Scroll

Saint Scroll

2023 Holiday Choir Concert

For the holidays the choir department presents a holiday concert for friends and family’s.
2023 Holiday Choir Concert

To Settle into the holidays, the San Dimas Choir program put on its annual holiday concert “Winterfest” with Lone Hill, on Friday, December 8 2023  at 7:00  pm in the BCA. The concert was not only directed but also conducted by Choir director Jared Pugh.

With both Lone Hill And San Dimas singing in the performance this year each different level sang their couple of holiday songs. Along with every level having their couple of soloists also sing their practiced songs. 

This hour-and-a-half performance was very well put together from a respectful audience to choir director Jared Pugh making everyone feel welcome. This performance was enjoyed by a lot of families filling the whole lower level floor of the BCA

Freshman soloist Layla Byrd states “ Even though it was my first-holiday concert it felt very put together and everyone did their part in making the concert so good. There were so many talented people and that made it a special night for many people.”

To be able to make this night special for many different people, Choir students put in months of hard work and had many hours-long rehearsals to make it a perfect night. This night isn’t only special for the audience but also the very talented performers.

To make this night special for a group of singers, seniors are seen wearing flower crowns for girls and rose corsages for the boys. Their last performance was extremely good compared to their freshman-year performance over Zoom.

Senior Lyla Moreno stated, “I’ve been a part of choir off and on since elementary school and it was such a weird feeling knowing that that winter concert would be one of my last performances.”

From 6th graders to Seniors, there was so much talent that night in the BCA all levels got to experience the different feelings of firsts and last. Everyone did their part and pulled it off to create an enjoyable experience for the audience. To finish off the concert everyone came on the stage and sang holiday classics with the audience including Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer and Silent Night ending the 2023 “Winterfest”.