The Student News Site of San Dimas High School

Saint Scroll

Saint Scroll

Saint Scroll

Teacher Spotlight of Mr Stidham

Saints Scroll chooses Mr Stidham as the teacher highlight

The Saints Scroll chose long-term English substitute Mr. Stidham who is stepping in for Mrs. Lehrman. Mr. Stidham lives a pretty subtle life and he loves it.

Where did you go to college? “I went to San Marcos for my undergraduate and then I went to Azusa Pacific University for my masters.”

Why did you decide to become a teacher? “Well I liked the quality time I had with my mom growing up since she’s a teacher. I also like working with people and helping people so I figured this would be perfect for me.”

What subject do you want to teach? “I’m going to teach history. I’ve also thought about being a physical education teacher. I think that could be fun too.

What do you do in your free time outside of school? I train for triathlons so I run, I bike, and go to the gym. I try to live a healthy lifestyle so I make all my meals. I have fun doing it even if it doesn’t sound like a fun thing to do. I enjoy doing it. I also just go out and hangout with my friends. You know I’m still young.”

Do you have pets? “Yes, I have my own dog. Her name is Oakley and she’s a big golden doodle and I got her about six months ago so she is still a puppy. I also have another little dog named charlie. I would love to have more animals like a dream is to have a ranch with horses and cool animals. That would be pretty awesome.”

What are some more fun facts about your life outside of school? “I play on a soccer team. I play on Sunday nights and Tuesday nights at the upland arena. I also coach soccer for little kids AYSL for la Verne and San Dimas. Another fun fact is that I can name every scoreline for the last calendar year of every Arsenal game. I actually run a fan account on twitter about Arsenal and it has like 500 followers.

So you’re like a big sports fan? “I’m a big sports fan, absolutely. For football I’m a Rams fan, basketball when I do follow it is probably Lakers, soccer is Arsenal obviously, baseball is Dodgers for sure, and my favorite golfer is Rickie Fowler he is like the people’s champion.”